    much in advance.
    NB: The exact model number for the access point is AIR-AP1231G-A-K9.

    Benchmark.
    benchmark, Jul 28, 2007

  2. benchmark

    Merv Guest

    from my 1231G-K-A9:

    AP1#sh version
    Cisco IOS Software, C1200 Software (C1200-K9W7-M), Version 12.3(8)JEA,
    RELEASE S
    OFTWARE (fc2)
    Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
    Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
    Compiled Wed 23-Aug-06 16:42 by kellythw

    ROM: Bootstrap program is C1200 boot loader
    BOOTLDR: C1200 Boot Loader (C1200-BOOT-M) Version 12.2(8)JA, EARLY
    DEPLOYMENT RE
    LEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

    AP1 uptime is 0 minutes
    System returned to ROM by power-on
    System image file is "flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JEA/c1200-k9w7-mx.
    123-8.JEA"

    cisco AIR-AP1231G-A-K9 (PowerPC405GP) processor (revision A0) with
    15138K/12
    36K bytes of memory.
    Processor board ID FOC074510TT
    PowerPC405GP CPU at 196Mhz, revision number 0x00C4
    Last reset from power-on
    1 FastEthernet interface
    1 802.11 Radio(s)

    32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory.
    Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:0E:83:04:67:D6
    Part Number : 73-8704-05
    PCA Assembly Number : 800-23211-06
    PCA Revision Number : A0
    PCB Serial Number : FOC074510TT
    Top Assembly Part Number : 800-23304-05
    Top Assembly Serial Number : FHK0746J3R4
    Top Revision Number : B0
    Product/Model Number : AIR-AP1231G-A-K9

    Configuration register is 0xF

    AP1#
    Merv, Jul 28, 2007

  3. benchmark

    make Guest

    You should download "1200 WIRELESS ACCESS POINT" software
    (c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEB1.tar). This works.

    make, Jul 31, 2007
  4. benchmark

    benchmark Guest

    On Jul 31, 12:45 am, make <> wrote:
    > You should download "1200 WIRELESS ACCESS POINT" software
    > (c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEB1.tar). This works.
    >

    > > I have Cisco Aironet 1231AG access point running Cisco IOS 12.2(13)JA1
    > > Early Deployment Software (fc1).It currently does not support WPA2,
    > > however it does suport WPA. I am planning to update the Cisco IOS to
    > > 12.3.x that will allow the access point to support WPA2 according to
    > > Cisco documentation. However, at the Cisco download site for Cisco
    > > Aironet 1200 series access points, there is a Cisco IOS upgrade for
    > > Cisco Aironet 1230 to support WPA2, but not Cisco Aironet 1231AG as
    > > this model number is not listed under the Cisco Aironet 1200 series.
    > > If I download the Cisco IOS version for the Cisco Aironet 1230AG and
    > > install it on the Cisco Aironet 1231AG, will this crash my access
    > > point?
    > > Please any information will be greatly appreciated and thank you very
    > > much in advance.
    > > NB: The exact model number for the access point is AIR-AP1231G-A-K9.- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Make,
    Do you mean this Cisco IOS running on Cisco Aironet 1231G
    supports WPA2?

    Thanks in advance,
    Eric.
    benchmark, Jul 31, 2007
  5. benchmark

    make Guest

    > On Jul 31, 12:45 am, make <> wrote:
    >> You should download "1200 WIRELESS ACCESS POINT" software
    >> (c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEB1.tar). This works.
    >>

    >>> I have Cisco Aironet 1231AG access point running Cisco IOS 12.2(13)JA1
    >>> Early Deployment Software (fc1).It currently does not support WPA2,
    >>> however it does suport WPA. I am planning to update the Cisco IOS to
    >>> 12.3.x that will allow the access point to support WPA2 according to
    >>> Cisco documentation. However, at the Cisco download site for Cisco
    >>> Aironet 1200 series access points, there is a Cisco IOS upgrade for
    >>> Cisco Aironet 1230 to support WPA2, but not Cisco Aironet 1231AG as
    >>> this model number is not listed under the Cisco Aironet 1200 series.
    >>> If I download the Cisco IOS version for the Cisco Aironet 1230AG and
    >>> install it on the Cisco Aironet 1231AG, will this crash my access
    >>> point?
    >>> Please any information will be greatly appreciated and thank you very
    >>> much in advance.
    >>> NB: The exact model number for the access point is AIR-AP1231G-A-K9.- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi Make,
    > Do you mean this Cisco IOS running on Cisco Aironet 1231G
    > supports WPA2?

    Yes it does.
    make, Aug 1, 2007
  6. benchmark

    internaut19

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Download problem

    I am hiving some issues trying to download that file c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEB1. tar from the cisco website. Does anyone have that file saved and can attach it here to a post. Thank you.
    internaut19, Dec 27, 2007