Cisco Aironet 1231 setup TFTP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Technolix, Mar 4, 2010.

  1. Technolix

    Technolix

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hi, I am new to this forum and have a couple of questions about the Aironet 1231 may you can help me ?

    I have 4 of them, all have access to the console.

    I want to set them back to factory status to test them.
    PSUs are originals and tested.

    All have missing config files or other faults, so I want to replace the bootloader too.

    OS is WinXp.
    I am not sure if rommon works on A1200 units, I´ve tried to send a break sequence with hyperterminal pe, but failed.

    Updating a firmware image with the mode-button procedure works, but if I try to copy a file from flash to tftp using the command:
    copy "flash:flashimage tftp://ipaddress/flashimage"
    it always gives me a socket error. I´ve set up my ip to 10.0.0.2 255.0.0.0, gateway to 10.0.0.1, prefered DNS to 10.0.0.4 and alternative DNS to 10.0.0.5.

    I´ve tried to connect the ap with a straight trough and a cross-connect cable and set it back to factory default using the reset mode button procedure.

    As i said, uploading an image with modebutton works, also lanmanager says its connected but I can´t ping or get access to telnet using the default ip of ap (10.0.0.1).

    I have different tftps so I would be very glad if someone can explain to me how to set up one of them,

    I´ve found a document from cisco where its explained how to update the bootloader. I´ve downloaded the bootloader through webarchive and checked it with a hex editor. The file is 256kb and seems to be okay.

    Its the 122-811 so it is a bit older.
    If someone has a newer one or can say where I can download one, that would be much better. I have no support account with cisco, so I only can download free files after the standard registering.

    The IOS is C1200-K9w7-tar.123-8.JED.tar which I think its the latest. I´ve downloaded it from cisco. May someone know when I update the IOS the bootloader also updates?

    What is the right procedure to set a messed up A1231 back to factory status?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Technolix
    Technolix, Mar 4, 2010