Cisco Aironet 1100 VLAN creation (over snmp)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by st4rx@yahoo.com, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. Guest

    How does one properly create a VLAN over SNMP on a Cisco Aironet 1100
    (IOS 12.3(4)JA). I can currently get to the point where the new VLAN
    appears in the dot1qVlanCurrentTable, but the new VLAN is neither
    operational nor have the radio and ethernet vlan subinterfaces been
    created (Do0.VLAN_ID and Fa0.VLAN_ID). I've take the following actions
    to get to this point:

    1. Create a cd11IfVlanSecurityEntry (set
    cd11IfVlanSecurityEntry.cd11IfVlanSecurityRowStatus.1.VLAN_ID =
    createAndGo)

    2. Enable the vlan (set
    cd11IfVlanSecurityEntry.cd11IfVlanSecuritVlanEnable.1.VLAN_ID = 1)

    Examining the ifTable at this point reveals no subinterfaces for this
    VLAN Additionally, the cwvlWlanVlanTable indicates that this newly
    created vlan is notInService.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    , Sep 28, 2005

  2. SecCheck Guest

    You cannot create or remove the management VLAN through SNMP.

    SecCheck, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Guest

    I'm not trying to do that. ".1.VLAN_ID" is an index into those tables.
    In step 2, 1==true.

    , Sep 28, 2005