Cisco Airnoet 1130AG + Funk Steel Belted Radius

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by rhunton, Mar 1, 2008.

1. rhunton

rhunton

Hi All,
    I am currently trying to set up a Cisco Aironet 1130AG access point with radius authentication.

Inside the radius I have created a RAS client for the access point and have specified a shared secret, I have restarted the radius server for the new RAS Client to be picked up.
    There is a security group from AD defined in the radius for wireless users. I have also created a couple of native users as well.

In the configuration of the Cisco I have specified all of the radius server addresses and shared secrets as I am getting entries in the radius log files.

The bit that is now confusing me is the Windows XP side.

From what I have read, the client (XP) is only able to transmit EAP traffic until authenticated but this is the part I am struggling with.

I have been into the properties of the network connection and selected authentication and changed EAP type to Protected EAP. Under properties I have unchecked validate server certificate and the authentication method is currently set to EAP-MSCHAP v2.
    I have clicked configure and made sure there is a tick in automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if available)

All that I get when trying to connect with the above settings is a message saying validating identity.

Do I need a certificate on the server for EAP-MSCHAP v2 even though the users should be authenticated through Active Directory?

Thanks
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
    rhunton, Mar 1, 2008
    1. Advertising

2. rhunton

rhunton

Delete Post

Going to use Micorosft IAS for radius authentication.

Found very useful guide on Microsoft.com

Thanks
    rhunton, Mar 2, 2008
    1. Advertising