Cisco AIR-LMC340 wireless adapter

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Matt Pierce, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Matt Pierce

    Matt Pierce Guest

    I took an air-PCI340 apart and am trying to used the AIR-LMC340
    wireless adapter to work under Linux. I insert the card, and cardctrl
    status shows no card. The cards led will blink on then off. I can
    use the Cisco AIR-PCM340 with no problems, and as I understand they
    use the same drivers. Windows will recognize the card. I downloaded
    the 4.5.30 bios from cisco and load it into the card using the windows
    utility.

    after inserting the card /var/log/messages gives this error
    PCMCIA: socket cf43242c: time out after reset
    PCMCIA: socket cf43242c: time out after reset

    I'm running Gentoo
    Kernel 2.6.3

    I have the Cisco Aironet 34x/35x/4500/4800 isa and pci cars, and Cisco
    Aironet 34x/35x/4500/4800 PCMCIA modules build in kernel.

    I have yenta-sockets set as my card manager.

    I don't think this is a module issue because cardctl doesn't see the
    socket as active.

    Thanks for the help

    Matt Pierce, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Matt Pierce

    Dan Lanciani Guest

    In article <>, (Matt Pierce) writes:
    | I took an air-PCI340 apart and am trying to used the AIR-LMC340
    | wireless adapter to work under Linux. I insert the card, and cardctrl
    | status shows no card. The cards led will blink on then off. I can
    | use the Cisco AIR-PCM340 with no problems, and as I understand they
    | use the same drivers. Windows will recognize the card. I downloaded
    | the 4.5.30 bios from cisco and load it into the card using the windows
    | utility.
    |

    | after inserting the card /var/log/messages gives this error
    | PCMCIA: socket cf43242c: time out after reset
    | PCMCIA: socket cf43242c: time out after reset

    Ever since the 4800A the PCMCIA vs. ISA/PCI flag has been hard-wired in the
    bootblock. (Before that the card would auto-detect based on one of the
    supply lines.) To use your card in a PCMCIA slot you would have to replace
    the bootblock. Unfortunately, although I can rewrite the bootblock on a
    PCMCIA-capable card (and even turn it into a PCI card) I can't reverse the
    process since the bootblock updater image I have doesn't run on PCI/ISA
    cards (I'm not clear why). If anyone has an updater that works on PCI/ISA
    cards I'd like to hear about it...

    Dan Lanciani
    ddl@danlan.*com

    Dan Lanciani, Feb 27, 2004