Cisco ACS Appliance Certificate

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dempsey.bill@gmail.com, May 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Group, I have a Cisco ACS *APPLIANCE*. I'm trying to get peap up and
    running. All the DOCS I see are geared towards the CISCO ACS Software.

    I am using documentation found at:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a00807917aa.shtml#t25

    I am under the section "System Configuration -> ACS Certificate
    Setup".
    I've uploaded the cert to an FTP server so I can download it. The
    screen I have looks like this:

    Under System Config on ACS:

    Certificate File
    MYCERTNAME.cer

    Private Key File
    Private Key Password:

    Submit Cancel

    The documentation doesn't mention anything about a private key or
    password, BUT when I hit submit, it won't let me past this screen
    without filling in the info. I don't know where to get the private
    file or the key.

    Any help?

    Thanks

    Bill
    , May 14, 2007

  2. Thrill5 Guest

    The private key is the one that you generated when you created the
    certificate request. The screen you are on is for installing a certificate
    for the server, which you have two options. Create a self-signed
    certificate, or create a certificate request that you then submit to a
    certificate authority that then issues a certificate. To install this
    certificate, you need the original request (the private key file), and the
    certificate from the certificate authority.

    The ACS Appliance runs the same software as the SOFTWARE.

    Scott

    Thrill5, May 14, 2007