    Also, does Microsoft IAS support TACACS and RADIUS authentication?

    Thanks,
    Robert

    Robert B. Phillips, II, Feb 7, 2005

  2. Robert B. Phillips, II

    Guest

    > Also, does Microsoft IAS support TACACS and RADIUS authentication?

    Microsoft IAS only support RADIUS

    checkout ClearBox RADIUS and TACACS Server 2.4.5

    , Feb 7, 2005

  3. On 7 Feb 2005 07:57:25 -0800, wrote:

    >> Also, does Microsoft IAS support TACACS and RADIUS authentication?

    >Microsoft IAS only support RADIUS
    >

    >checkout ClearBox RADIUS and TACACS Server 2.4.5

    Have you used ClearBox? Is it easy to use and consistent?

    Robert B. Phillips, II, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Robert B. Phillips, II

    Guest

    > Have you used ClearBox? Is it easy to use and consistent?

    I have not.

    I believe they allow you to trial for 30 days, so you would be able to
    determine if it fills your requirements.

    , Feb 7, 2005
  5. Robert B. Phillips, II

    jmiklo Guest

    "Robert B. Phillips, II" <> wrote in message
    > I know this is blasphemy for most of the Cisco gurus, but I am looking
    > for a cheaper alternative to Cisco ACS. The company I work for
    > currently implements both TACACS and RADIUS authentication in certain
    > ways but the maintenance costs of Cisco ACS are tremendous for our
    > budget. So I am looking for an alternative, here are the stipulations:
    > 1. Must run on Windows Server 2003
    > 2. Must support both TACACS and RADIUS authentication.
    > 3. Must allow for authentication against our Active Directory.
    > 4. Must be cheaper than Cisco ACS.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Also, does Microsoft IAS support TACACS and RADIUS authentication?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert

    Not sure about what costs you are talking about ? If you already purchased
    ACS then you are talking about some extra support costs. But then again,
    those costs would also be there for if you used other products.

    cheers,
    jm

    jmiklo, Feb 7, 2005
  6. Robert B. Phillips, II

    Eddie Guest

    Nice appliances from INfoblox...

    See Infoblox.com

    Eddie, Feb 8, 2005
  7. Robert B. Phillips, II

    TripleL

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Jffnms

    Hey guys,

    Sorry to dredge up this ancient thread, but it seems to still be getting google hits!

    Look at JFFNMS. Here's a quick exerpt of their open source (free) product:

    "JFFNMS is an Open Source (GPL) Network Management System designed to maintain an SNMP / Syslog / Tacacs+ Network. Its meant to be used in a Cisco-based Network (Routers, Switches, etc). It Features the ability to analyze and consolidate data, a Database Backend (MySQL/PgSQL), Configurable Event Types and Severity Levels, Integrated Tacacs+ Authentication and Accounting, Integrated Syslog, Integrated SNMP Trap Handler, Integrated TFTP Configuration Download and Archival, Configurable per Circuit SLA's (RPN logic), Traffic, RTT, PL, Errors, Drops, CPU Util, Memory, Temperature Graphs, and a lot more...
    Its very modular and extensible too.

    Please visit JFFNMS at http://www.jffnms.org "

    TripleL, Nov 10, 2006