    Anyonefamiliar with these problems? So far ACS is not really
    impressive, I must say...

    Cheers

    BarBaar, Dec 16, 2004

  2. BarBaar

    Brian V Guest

    Have you tried accessing it via another machine? Need to rule out the IE on
    the ACS machine.

    If the second machine can access it...uninstall the java on machine 1 and
    let ACS push the 1.4_02 to it

    If the second machine gets the same errors you will need to re-instsall ACS.
    Do an unistall of ACS, Reboot, Uninstall Java, Reboot. Then re-install ACS.

    -Brian

    Brian V, Dec 16, 2004

  3. BarBaar

    krycheq Guest

    BarBaar wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just installed Cisco ACS 3.2 on my w2k3-box. Now I want to add
    > users, and that doesn't seem to work. Suprisingly my webbrowser (IE 6)
    > reports and javascript error.
    >
    > Besides this, all pages stop working after a couple of minutes. All I
    > see is "action cancelled" in my browser. I have to open a new browser
    > to be able to open any other pages on the ACS.
    >
    > Anyonefamiliar with these problems? So far ACS is not really
    > impressive, I must say...
    >
    > Cheers

    there's a java incompatibility that's present in IE... it's supposedly
    fixed but I gave up on IE a while ago because of this and other similar
    issues with other java apps (like our accounting/time-entry package,
    plug-ins for media, and a bunch of others). I ran into the same issues
    with ACS, downloaded firefox and it worked perfectly. I also tested on
    netscape7 and it worked fine there too.

    acs can get the job done as long as you're not trying to run it on a
    windows server that's doing 10 other things (or anything else for that
    matter). I just got done testing the acs appliance and has no issues
    whatsoever with it other than it wouldn't log the way I want. I think a
    lot of people have issues with acs because they put it on a
    domain-controller or a box that's doing something else, and then the box
    craps out because of resource issues.

    -sak

    krycheq, Dec 16, 2004