Cisco access-list for protectin a LAN with a server

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by curro, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. curro

    curro Guest

    Hello

    I'm trying to configure an access list on my Cisco 2516. I want to
    permit all traffic from my subnet to the internet, and allow incoming
    traficc just for two subnets. I don't use NAT, because my subnet has
    several public IPs. The server is a web server, but not public. It can
    be reached for just certain IP

    I have tried this configuration, but I'm not sure that it's the best
    way

    Subnet Myrouter Another router Internet Other
    subnets
    120.120.120.0 192.168.200.0
    62.128.12.0
    Server 120.120.120.10

    At the serial interface of Myrouter, I've applied this access-list

    permit tcp any any established
    permit udp any any
    permit ip 62.128.12.0 120.120.120.0
    permit ip 192.168.200.0 120.120.120.0

    ip access-group in (Is this OK?)

    I don't use an access-list in the out way, because I want to permit
    all the traffic.
    Is this the best way to protect my network? Maybe I could change the
    second line by permit udp any any eq 53 (just allow DNS)

    Thank you very much for your time. If you need further details, do not
    hesitate to contact me.
    curro, Dec 9, 2003