    --

    Regards
    Nicolai

    Nicolai, Nov 3, 2006

  2. In article <454b6cf8$0$2108$>,
    Nicolai <> wrote:
    >Can anyone direct me to bridging configuration examples on the 878 platform?

    >I need the router to run without NAT'in anything.

    An IOS router would only nat if you have "ip nat" statements. Get rid
    of those statements and it will just route.

    Bridging is used when you have ports (or VLANs on ports) that you want
    to belong to the same broadcast domain -- places where you want the
    device to act like a switch for traffic between those ports instead
    of acting like a router. Bridging has no relationship to NAT.
    For information on bridging, search for the "bridge-group" command.

    Walter Roberson, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Nicolai

    Nicolai Guest

    > For information on bridging, search for the "bridge-group" command.

    Will do - thanx. Need to router as a media converter from sdsl -> ethernet

    Nicolai, Nov 7, 2006