Cisco 877W of 857W ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Steven V.A., May 23, 2008.

  1. Steven V.A.

    Steven V.A. Guest

    Hi,

    I will set up a site-to-site VPN between our main site and our "small"
    department a few miles away.

    Currently there is a SOHO router set up on the 2nd site.

    I would want to change that to a Cisco 857W of 877W.
    They are on 4,6megabit - DSL broadband.

    There is 1 computer room with 20 PC's and 1 staff PC.

    They will use the wireless capabilities.
    I notice the 877 is faster, and has two antenna's instead of one.
    Is there much difference between the WLAN performance of both?
    Which one would you recommend for +- 21PC's, one VPN and a few laptops
    (wireless) ?

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/prod_models_comparison.html

    In the main building I have set up a Cisco 876.

    Greetings,

    Steven
    Steven V.A., May 23, 2008