Cisco 877 ADSL Router/WiFi

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by nordberg, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. nordberg

    nordberg Guest

    Hi,

    I am looking for a solution that will allow multiple PPTP VPN connections
    through it. We have tried and failed with Netgears/DLink etc, and are hoping
    this Cisco box will be the answer to our prayers.

    Basically, there will be several laptop users arriving at a satellite office
    and connecting to the Internet using ADSL via the Wifi on this box. They all
    then logon to a remote network via a DUN PPTP VPN. The problem we have had
    with the NAT implentation on the previously mentioned equipment, is that
    they only allow one PPTP passthrough at any given time.

    I should also mention that the laptop users will all be getting a DHCP
    assigned address from the router.

    So, can anyone confirm whether the Cisco 877 will allow multiple PPTP
    passthroughs? The Cisco website states it allows 10 VPN Tunnels but I am
    guessing this refers to IPSEC VPN's terminating on the box itself.

    Any info/suggestions welcome.

    Many Thanks,
    Matt
    nordberg, Jun 6, 2006

  2. nordberg

    MCScrapE Guest

    Matt,

    You'll be fine with the multiple PPTP connections simeltaneously
    however, you might have to setup some sort of inspection rules or
    configure static mappings. Otherwise only the first person who
    utilizes the PAT will be able to use the VPN. This might require an
    IOS upgrade to the advanced IP services which in turn would require a
    memory upgrade.

    You can go to the Cisco Feature Navigator and login with your CCO
    account to check what features are available with what IOS and the
    memory requirements.

    http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp
    MCScrapE, Jun 6, 2006