    problems with this router. I´ve tried other ios-images, but the problem
    is still the same.

    Greetz, Marco
    Marco Buchholz, Sep 4, 2008

  2. Marco Buchholz

    News Reader Guest

    Marco Buchholz wrote:
    > Hello at all,
    >
    > i´ve a problem with the cisco 876 integrated services router.
    > The router´s ios-version is 12.4(11)T4 and it has a ADSL2+ (16 Mbit
    > downstream / 1 Mbit upstream) connection.
    >
    > If i start a download via http (or any other protocol), the cpu load
    > still remains at 100% until the download ends ...
    >
    > Are there any solutions for this problem or has anybody the same
    > problems with this router. I´ve tried other ios-images, but the problem
    > is still the same.
    >
    > Greetz, Marco

    Perhaps this relates to your choice of switching paths (particularly if
    you were using process switching).

    Have you enabled CEF globally, and Fast Switching on the interfaces?

    e.g.:

    ip cef

    interface FastEthernet0
    ip route-cache flow

    If the problem relates to your choice of switching paths, you might
    search for documents with the following titles on the Cisco web site:

    - How to Choose the Best Router Switching Path for Your Network

    - Performance Tuning Basics

    Best Regards,
    News Reader
    News Reader, Sep 4, 2008

  3. Marco Buchholz

    Uli Link Guest

    Marco Buchholz schrieb:
    > i´ve a problem with the cisco 876 integrated services router.
    > The router´s ios-version is 12.4(11)T4 and it has a ADSL2+ (16 Mbit
    > downstream / 1 Mbit upstream) connection.
    >
    > Are there any solutions for this problem or has anybody the same
    > problems with this router. I´ve tried other ios-images, but the problem
    > is still the same.

    Try IOS 12.4(6)T11 or 12.4(9)T7 instead.
    There was a 30 percent CPU usage increase for the 870 routers with
    12.4(11)T according to
    <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/release/notes/124TFEAT.html#wp1533957>

    Disable the IPS feature.
    Try to disable the http inspection rule and use the generic tcp
    inspection instead if looking for less CPU usage.

    Also 12.4(15)T6 is worth a trial (I don't use the newer T7, as I found
    serious tracebacks in the T7 rebuild)

    --
    ULi
    Uli Link, Sep 9, 2008