Cisco 871W - Can't connect to the internet

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by MedikDave, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. MedikDave

    MedikDave

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I have a 871W connected to a Zyxel Cable Router which is configured as a bridge. I have a static range of 5 IP addresses on the account. When I configure any one of the IP's into the NIC on my laptop and plug into the bridge, I'm able to browse the internet fine. I wish I could say the same for the 871. I setup FastEthernet4 with the external IP, and configured a bridge-group with the internal IP assigned to BVI1...no luck. There is an earlier post with the same issue here, but nothing seems to work. If it helps, here is my config:

    hostname avfdrtr
    !
    boot-start-marker
    boot-end-marker
    !
    logging buffered 51200 debugging
    logging console critical
    enable secret 5 xxxxxxxxxxxx
    !
    no aaa new-model
    !
    resource policy
    !
    ip subnet-zero
    no ip source-route
    ip cef
    no ip dhcp use vrf connected
    !
    !
    ip tcp synwait-time 10
    no ip bootp server
    ip domain name houston.rr.com
    ip name-server 24.93.41.125
    ip name-server 24.93.41.126
    ip ssh time-out 60
    ip ssh authentication-retries 2
    !

    !
    username admin privilege 15 secret 5 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    !
    !
    !
    bridge irb
    !
    !
    interface FastEthernet0
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet1
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet2
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet3
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet4
    description $FW_OUTSIDE$$ETH-WAN$
    ip address <external IP address> 255.255.255.248
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip nat outside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    ip route-cache flow
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip route-cache flow
    shutdown
    speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0
    !
    interface Vlan1
    description $ETH-SW-LAUNCH$$INTF-INFO-HWIC 4ESW$$ES_LAN$$FW_INSIDE$
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip nat inside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    ip route-cache flow
    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
    bridge-group 1
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface BVI1
    ip address 192.168.100.2 255.255.255.0
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip nat inside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
    !
    ip classless
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <gateway of the bridge>
    !
    ip http server
    ip http authentication local
    ip http secure-server
    ip http timeout-policy idle 60 life 86400 requests 10000
    ip nat inside source list 1 interface FastEthernet4 overload
    !
    logging trap debugging
    access-list 1 remark INSIDE_IF=BVI1
    access-list 1 remark SDM_ACL Category=2
    access-list 1 permit 192.168.100.0 0.0.0.255
    no cdp run
    !
    control-plane
    !
    bridge 1 route ip
    banner login ^CAuthorized access only!
    Disconnect IMMEDIATELY if you are not an authorized user!^C
    !
    line con 0
    login local
    no modem enable
    transport output telnet
    line aux 0
    login local
    transport output telnet
    line vty 0 4
    privilege level 15
    login local
    transport input telnet ssh
    !
    scheduler max-task-time 5000
    scheduler allocate 4000 1000
    scheduler interval 500
    end

    _______________________

    If I'm missing something, I don't see what it is. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

    Thanks,
    Dave

    Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
    MedikDave, Jul 25, 2006

  2. MedikDave

    boozydaboozer

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    2x ip nat inside

    I think you need to remove the ip nat inside entry under vlan 1, as you're nat-ing on the BVI already.
    Either that, or the BVI interface, but I don't think you can do both.

    Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
    boozydaboozer, Aug 3, 2006

  3. MedikDave

    ckamila

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    MedikDave did you find a solution to this problem??? I have been able to ping my Gateway from the outside interface but not the inside interface.

    Chris

    ckamila, Sep 5, 2006