    0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx Could anyone provide me some
    assistance on this? Thanks.

    Vincent

    Vincent, Jun 27, 2007

  2. Vincent <> writes:
    >We recently purchased a T1 line for our company and were given a block
    >of public IP addresses. Our router is currently a Cisco 871 and I
    >have natted all of the computers on our LAN behind one of the public
    >IP addresses. Is it possible to redirect one of the other public IP
    >addresses to one of the servers on our LAN? I imagine this would
    >involve modification of the routing table on the Cisco router?
    >Currently, all traffic is being routed to one interface: ip route
    >0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx Could anyone provide me some
    >assistance on this? Thanks.

    No, the routing doesn't do any of that, you need to look into the
    static NAT entries.

    ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.1 80 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80 extendable

    Doug McIntyre, Jun 27, 2007

  3. Vincent

    corb Guest

    "Doug McIntyre" <> wrote in message
    > Vincent <> writes:
    >>We recently purchased a T1 line for our company and were given a block
    >>of public IP addresses. Our router is currently a Cisco 871 and I
    >>have natted all of the computers on our LAN behind one of the public
    >>IP addresses. Is it possible to redirect one of the other public IP
    >>addresses to one of the servers on our LAN? I imagine this would
    >>involve modification of the routing table on the Cisco router?
    >>Currently, all traffic is being routed to one interface: ip route
    >>0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx Could anyone provide me some
    >>assistance on this? Thanks.

    > No, the routing doesn't do any of that, you need to look into the
    > static NAT entries.
    >
    > ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.1 80 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80
    > extendable
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/556/12.html

    would this do it ?
    ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.254 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

    corb, Jun 27, 2007
  4. Vincent

    Vincent Guest

    On Jun 27, 3:06 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > Vincent <> writes:
    > >We recently purchased a T1 line for our company and were given a block
    > >of public IP addresses. Our router is currently a Cisco 871 and I
    > >have natted all of the computers on our LAN behind one of the public
    > >IP addresses. Is it possible to redirect one of the other public IP
    > >addresses to one of the servers on our LAN? I imagine this would
    > >involve modification of the routing table on the Cisco router?
    > >Currently, all traffic is being routed to one interface: ip route
    > >0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx Could anyone provide me some
    > >assistance on this? Thanks.

    > No, the routing doesn't do any of that, you need to look into the
    > static NAT entries.
    >
    > ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.1 80 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80 extendable
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/556/12.html

    I will give this a try and see what happens.

    Vincent

    Vincent, Jun 27, 2007
  5. Vincent

    Vincent Guest

    On Jun 27, 3:06 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > Vincent <> writes:
    > >We recently purchased a T1 line for our company and were given a block
    > >of public IP addresses. Our router is currently a Cisco 871 and I
    > >have natted all of the computers on our LAN behind one of the public
    > >IP addresses. Is it possible to redirect one of the other public IP
    > >addresses to one of the servers on our LAN? I imagine this would
    > >involve modification of the routing table on the Cisco router?
    > >Currently, all traffic is being routed to one interface: ip route
    > >0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xx.xxx.xxx.xxx Could anyone provide me some
    > >assistance on this? Thanks.

    > No, the routing doesn't do any of that, you need to look into the
    > static NAT entries.
    >
    > ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.1 80 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 80 extendable
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/556/12.html

    Wow. I can't believe it was that easy. Thanks Doug!

    Vincent, Jun 27, 2007