Cisco 870 traffic shapping specific host

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mightymouse2045, Sep 8, 2011.

  1. mightymouse2045

    mightymouse2045

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    I have seen threads in here that are quite old and therefore are not sure if that is the cause but they don't seem to be working on my Cisco 870 to rate limit a specific IP address.

    This is what I have done:

    access-list 10 permit host w.x.y.z

    class-map match-any SpecificHost
    match access-group 10

    policy-map SqueezeHost
    class SpecificHost
    shape peak 128000

    interface fast 0
    service-policy output SqueezeHost

    I have tried this on the interface above and also on vlan2 (the WAN interface which is interface fastethernet0)

    When I apply it on the interface it applies but does nothing - when i try and apply it on vlan2 is says configuration failed.

    When applied on the interface show policy-map shows this:

    #sh policy-map int fast 0
    FastEthernet0

    Service-policy output: SqueezeHost

    Class-map: SpecificHost (match-any)
    0 packets, 0 bytes
    5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
    Match: access-group 10
    0 packets, 0 bytes
    5 minute rate 0 bps
    Queueing
    queue limit 64 packets
    (queue depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 0/0/0
    (pkts output/bytes output) 0/0
    shape (peak) cir 8000, bc 200, be 200
    target shape rate 16000

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
    81 packets, 4860 bytes
    5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
    Match: any

    queue limit 64 packets
    (queue depth/total drops/no-buffer drops) 0/0/0
    (pkts output/bytes output) 81/4860

    Only the class-default counters are increasing and not the one that should be matching the specific ip address.... Does ip route-cache flow need to be enabled or ip flow egress etc on the vlan2 interface? They can't be enabled on the switch interfaces ie fastethernet0-3 i assume because they are layer2?

    Can anyone help me get this sorted? pwerty please

    mightymouse2045, Sep 8, 2011