    recommend how we might proceed to troubleshoot from here?

    Cheers,

    Jim Rorrison
    Jim Rorrison, Feb 6, 2006

  2. Jim Rorrison

    Jim Rorrison Guest

    > We have a new Cisco 857 ADSL router, and have configured it with (we
    > believe) the correct settings using the built-in "SDM Express" software.
    > However, we're unable to connect to the Internet using it.
    >
    > We know the ADSL line is OK, because if we use a Draytek or a Linksys

    router
    > on the same line (we've tried both), they connect just fine.

    I should also mention that we've swapped the Cisco router out with an
    identical one, and that can't connect either.

    However, when we install the Cisco router on an ADSL line located in a
    different city, it DOES work..

    So it appears that the Cisco doesn't "like" the ADSL line we have here,
    although other types of router have no problems with it.

    Any ideas? It's got us baffled!

    Cheers,

    Jim Rorrison
    Jim Rorrison, Feb 6, 2006

  3. Jim Rorrison

    Merv Guest

    post:

    show version
    show run
    show interface
    show atm interface atm0

    debug atm events ( shut/no shut atm interface)
    Merv, Feb 6, 2006
  4. Jim Rorrison

    jamie Guest

    In addition to what Merv said, try all dsl operating-mode options as I had a
    similar problem where although my ISP said use ITU full rate mode (itu-dmt)
    as soon as I changed it to ansi-dmt it connected straight away!!

    Router(config-if)#dsl operating-mode ?
    ansi-dmt ANSI full rate mode
    auto auto detect mode
    itu-dmt ITU full rate mode

    jamie, Feb 7, 2006
  5. Jim Rorrison

    Charlie Root Guest

    "jamie" <> wrote in message
    > In addition to what Merv said, try all dsl operating-mode options as I had
    > a similar problem where although my ISP said use ITU full rate mode
    > (itu-dmt) as soon as I changed it to ansi-dmt it connected straight away!!
    >
    > Router(config-if)#dsl operating-mode ?
    > ansi-dmt ANSI full rate mode
    > auto auto detect mode
    > itu-dmt ITU full rate mode

    There is problem with new ADSL 20190 chipset and some older DSLAM cards
    (Siemens one of them). I have observed similar behaviour with 876 router
    don't working on the line where 836 works just fine. Have a look at bug
    CSCsc52775. You need to open TAC case to resolve the problem if you can't
    get you line switched to another DSLAM card type.

    Regards,
    iLya
    Charlie Root, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Jim Rorrison

    Horst Wagner Guest

    Antw: Re: Cisco 857 unable to connect to ADSL

    There are firmware upgrades available from cisco.
    I donĀ“t know how else to get them than opening a tac-case

    good lick
    Horst Wagner, Feb 10, 2006
  7. Jim Rorrison

    Guest

    Re: Antw: Re: Cisco 857 unable to connect to ADSL

    > We have a new Cisco 857 ADSL router, and have configured it with (we
    > believe) the correct settings using the built-in "SDM Express" software.
    > However, we're unable to connect to the Internet using it.
    > We know the ADSL line is OK, because if we use a Draytek or a Linksys
    > on the same line (we've tried both), they connect just fine.

    FYI
    I seemed to have this and fixed it with a regrade to the latest
    greatest software.

    12.4(4)T1

    It did connect once with dsl operating-mode ansi-

    I am on BT (effectively) in the UK .
    , Feb 17, 2006
  8. Jim Rorrison

    looploop