    Thanks

    Rich

    , Jan 11, 2008

  2. writes:
    >I have a Cisco 851 router. I am trying to install SDM on the router
    >using the 10.10.10.1 IP address with what I believe is the default
    >username and password of "cisco" / "cisco". However, this is not
    >working. I can PING the device but I can not Telnet to it. Can someone
    >advise me as to what the default username and password is?

    The default pre-configure username/password is cisco/cisco. If that
    isn't working, then either somebody already has configured the box
    with a different username/password (ie. the first step SDM has you do
    no matter what), or it isn't setup properly to use SDM (which I've
    seen a few times from the factory).

    You'll have to console into it and configure it properly. The Windows
    SDM package comes with the templates needed for the configuration.
    Or there may be a version still around in flash: that you can conf from
    to make the box happy to what SDM expects it to be setup as.

    > I have
    >reset the device by holding down the reset button but still no luck.

    Unfortunatly, that doesn't do anything other than reboot the box in Ciscos.

    They still aren't all that user friendly for new users. SDM isn't the
    method that most users still use to configure a cisco, so its not
    the default, or the fallback in any case. The raw CLI are still those items.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 11, 2008

  3. Steven Guest

    Steven, Jan 12, 2008
  4. CK Guest

    On Jan 12, 5:17 am, wrote:
    > Hi --
    >
    > I have a Cisco 851 router. I am trying to install SDM on the router
    > using the 10.10.10.1 IP address with what I believe is the default
    > username and password of "cisco" / "cisco". However, this is not
    > working. I can PING the device but I can not Telnet to it. Can someone
    > advise me as to what the default username and password is? I have
    > reset the device by holding down the reset button but still no luck.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rich

    try cisco/password
    maybe work