    Many Thanks

    --

    Behind every successful man, is a surprised Mother-in-Law ;)

    Ginger, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Ginger

    HOM'R Guest

    Ginger wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to setup a perment VPN tunnel between an 83x and a VPN 3000
    > concentrator and I am very confused!
    >
    > Do I have to set the router up as a client, i.e set a username and password
    > up on the concentrator?
    >
    > What config do I set the client to?
    >
    > Anyhelp is much appreciated.

    Take a look at this page:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

    EzVPN is fairly easy to set up and will get
    you to results rather quickly. Just make sure
    to use a recent IOS for the 83x. Less recent
    ones had some IPSec-/EzVPN-related bugs.

    Regards,

    Frank

    HOM'R, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Ginger

    Ginger Guest

    "HOM'R" <> wrote in message
    > Ginger wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I am trying to setup a perment VPN tunnel between an 83x and a VPN 3000
    >> concentrator and I am very confused!
    >>
    >> Do I have to set the router up as a client, i.e set a username and
    >> password up on the concentrator?
    >>
    >> What config do I set the client to?
    >>
    >> Anyhelp is much appreciated.

    > Take a look at this page:
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html
    >
    > EzVPN is fairly easy to set up and will get
    > you to results rather quickly. Just make sure
    > to use a recent IOS for the 83x. Less recent
    > ones had some IPSec-/EzVPN-related bugs.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Frank

    Hi Frank,

    Top Banana, I will have a look now

    Ginger

    Ginger, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Ginger

    Steve Hatch Guest

    Ginger wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to setup a perment VPN tunnel between an 83x and a VPN 3000
    > concentrator and I am very confused!
    >
    > Do I have to set the router up as a client, i.e set a username and password
    > up on the concentrator?
    >
    > What config do I set the client to?
    >
    > Anyhelp is much appreciated.
    >
    > Many Thanks

    For LAN to LAN tunnels, normally just a shared secret or cert is used
    for endpoint authentication. The rest of the config is dependent on you
    network environment, functional and security requirements.

    Steve H.

    Steve Hatch, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Ginger

    Ginger Guest

    "Steve Hatch" <> wrote in message
    > Ginger wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I am trying to setup a perment VPN tunnel between an 83x and a VPN 3000
    >> concentrator and I am very confused!
    >>
    >> Do I have to set the router up as a client, i.e set a username and
    >> password up on the concentrator?
    >>
    >> What config do I set the client to?
    >>
    >> Anyhelp is much appreciated.
    >>
    >> Many Thanks
    >>

    > For LAN to LAN tunnels, normally just a shared secret or cert is used for
    > endpoint authentication. The rest of the config is dependent on you
    > network environment, functional and security requirements.
    >
    > Steve H.

    Hi Guys,

    Well I must be missing something big time, I can connect to the internet no
    problem, I have setup a group on my 3000 concentrator plumbed the group name
    and p/w into easyvpn and it doesn't want to play!

    god I am going to throw it out the window

    G.

    Ginger, Nov 19, 2004