Cisco 837, NAT & Netscreen in transparent Mode

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Scooty, Mar 25, 2008.

  1. Scooty

    Scooty Guest

    Hi all
    My apologies if posting to the wrong group
    I have a Cisco 837 which I want to use as a backup internet link. What
    I hope to do is simply change the static route on my 3750 if the
    primary link goes down
    I have a Netscreen 25 configured in transparent mode

    I have it configured as follows

    Public IP, Cisco 837 Dialer i/f ---> Ethernet0 ---->
    Netscreen25 Transparent ---> VLAN102 on the 3750 @

    The VLAN interface of the Netscreen is and the
    management i/f is

    I have configured the 837 router to perform NAT, as I only have 1
    public IP, the Ethernet i/f of the 837 is configured with a private IP
    I am seeing the Cisco attempt to perform NAT

    sh ip nat trans
    Pro Inside global Inside local Outside local
    Outside global

    I have a one off static route on the 3750 for testing and this is the
    websiteI am trying to access via this route

    ip route

    I have a policy on the netscreen that says
    Source Any to Dest Any permit HTTP
    I am seeing on the log of the Netscreen the same thing

    Date/Time Source Address/Port Destination Address/Port Duration
    2008-03-25 15:39:06 59 sec. HTTP

    The Cisco config is pretty straight forward as shown

    version 12.2
    no service pad
    service tcp-keepalives-in
    service tcp-keepalives-out
    service timestamps debug uptime
    service timestamps log uptime
    service password-encryption
    no service dhcp
    hostname aff_837
    logging queue-limit 100
    logging buffered 4096 debugging
    clock timezone AEST 8
    ip subnet-zero
    no ip source-route
    ip domain name
    ip name-server
    ip name-server
    no ip bootp server
    ip audit notify log
    ip audit po max-events 100
    vpdn enable
    no ftp-server write-enable
    interface Null0
    no ip unreachables
    interface Ethernet0
    ip address
    ip nat inside
    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
    hold-queue 100 out
    interface ATM0
    no ip address
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    pvc 8/35
    pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1
    dsl operating-mode auto
    interface Dialer1
    description Amcom VPN
    mtu 1492
    ip address negotiated
    no ip unreachables
    ip nat outside
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer pool 1
    dialer-group 1
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap callin
    ppp chap hostname xxxxxxx
    ppp chap password xxxxxxx
    ip classless
    ip route Dialer1
    no ip http server
    no ip http secure-server
    access-list 5 permit any
    access-list 23 permit
    access-list 23 permit
    access-list 23 permit
    dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
    route-map clear-df permit 10
    match ip address 5
    set ip df 0

    line con 0
    exec-timeout 60 0
    no modem enable
    stopbits 1
    line aux 0
    stopbits 1
    line vty 0 4
    exec-timeout 120 0
    login local
    length 0
    scheduler max-task-time 5000

    Can anyone tell me what I am missing? Is it a policy problem on the
    netscreen or a config problem on the 837?
    I can ping the & .7 from the router using an extended
    ping using the ethernet i/f as the source but cannot ping the VLAN102
    i/f of the 3750, once again I believe this is an incomingpolicy issue.
    All I have is 4 outgoing policies from the trust to the untrust for

    Scooty, Mar 25, 2008