Cisco 837 IOS Feature Sets

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jamesjnr, May 16, 2011.

  1. jamesjnr

    jamesjnr

    Joined:
    May 16, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    I have two Cisco 837 routers which are slightly different;

    1 x CISCO837-K9-64
    1 x CISCO837-SDM-K9-64

    Now under the cisco download site for the 837 ADSL router there are two options for the latest IOS 12.4.25(md)

    IP/FW/PLUS 3DES or IP/FW/3DES

    My question is can I install the PLUS IOS onto both of these routers, I know that the SDM bit is just the management tool which can be installed manually onto the K9-64 but I am unsure of the PLUS feature set. Is the PLUS feature set a "Software" feature or does the hardware have to be specific to allow the install?

    I'm fairly new to the world of Cisco so this may be a daft question, but I'm fairly new to cisco.

    Thanks
    james
    jamesjnr, May 16, 2011