Cisco 837 Doesn't Have IDS Features Accessible

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Andrew Albert, Nov 28, 2004.

  1. I have a 837, with the Plus feature set IOS loaded, but for some
    reason none of the IDS features are accessible..... Any ideas?

    Regards,

    Andy

    Cisco IOS Software, C837 Software (C837-K9O3SY6-M), Version
    12.3(11)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
    Copyright (c) 1986-2004 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
    Compiled Fri 29-Oct-04 17:00 by cmong

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r)YN, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

    Casa837 uptime is 1 day, 3 hours, 14 minutes
    System returned to ROM by reload at 23:00:26 EST Fri Nov 26 2004
    System restarted at 23:02:37 EST Fri Nov 26 2004
    System image file is "flash:c837-k9o3sy6-mz.123-11.T2.bin"

    This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United
    States and local country laws governing import, export, transfer and
    use. Delivery of Cisco cryptographic products does not imply
    third-party authority to import, export, distribute or use encryption.
    Importers, exporters, distributors and users are responsible for
    compliance with U.S. and local country laws. By using this product you
    agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you are
    unable
    to comply with U.S. and local laws, return this product immediately.

    A summary of U.S. laws governing Cisco cryptographic products may be
    found at:
    http://www.cisco.com/wwl/export/crypto/tool/stqrg.html

    If you require further assistance please contact us by sending email
    .

    Cisco C837 (MPC857DSL) processor (revision 0x400) with 44237K/4915K
    bytes of memory.
    Processor board ID AMB0749047S (760556711), with hardware revision
    0000
    CPU rev number 7
    1 Ethernet interface
    4 FastEthernet interfaces
    1 ATM interface
    128K bytes of NVRAM.
    12288K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
    2048K bytes of processor board Web flash (Read/Write)

    Configuration register is 0x2102
    Andrew Albert, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Andrew Albert

    Erik Freitag Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 02:21:09 -0500, Andrew Albert wrote:

    > I have a 837, with the Plus feature set IOS loaded, but for some
    > reason none of the IDS features are accessible..... Any ideas?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Andy

    The Feature Navigator doesn't show "Firewall Intrusion Detection System"
    available for the 837 with the IP/FW/PLUS 3DES feature set, or any other
    feature set. It does show it available for the 836.
    Erik Freitag, Nov 28, 2004

  3. "Erik Freitag" <> wrote in message

    > The Feature Navigator doesn't show "Firewall Intrusion Detection System"
    > available for the 837 with the IP/FW/PLUS 3DES feature set, or any other
    > feature set. It does show it available for the 836.

    Agreed, however I can enable it on my 837 (12.3(8)T5 (non-plus version)).
    You can enable it using SDM, so long as you have flash:attack-drop.sdf, if
    you don't have this stick on the latest version of SDM (unless you have
    upgraded yur flash above 12mb you wont be able to go with v2 (which I
    wouldn't recommend anyway, since it only seems to work with Internet
    Explorer), so go with 1.2), which includes the file.

    Richard.
    Richard Antony Burton, Dec 4, 2004