    12.2(8)YN)?

    I am a bit of a beginner so please be gentle with me ;o)

    Chris

    The Yeti, Jan 21, 2004

  2. "The Yeti" <> wrote in message
    news:400e54fd$0$202$...

    > I have an 837 ADSL router which works perfectly well until I turn one on

    my
    > PC's on. With this one PC on, every so often the router reboots itself

    with
    > a SegV exception. I have changed the NIC in the PC and even re-installed
    > the OS on the PC to make sure that it is not a corruption in the OS
    > software, but I still get the same problem.

    I think this will be the router, not anything to do with your PC. I get it,
    and so have plenty of other users of the 837. I tracked one excpetion down
    to the new ip nat translation limits, but this wont be your problem as your
    version of IOS doesn't support it.

    > I have been told that updating the IOS may cure the problem (if so why?)

    and
    > if this is the case, where can I get the image (current image is Version
    > 12.2(8)YN)?

    You can't, unless you give Cisco a lot of money (which seems a bit harsh for
    a home user just wanting their router to work as designed and not crash all
    the time), or make friends with someone who as access to the Cisco website
    (but that wouldn't be legal). (Also on the non-legal front, you might want
    to take a look on emule, not that i'm endorsing that kind of behaviour of
    course. Try a search for "c837".) Also, don't expect that to fix your
    problem, I upgraded through several versions and still get traps, and other
    problems.

    Richard.

    Richard Antony Burton, Jan 21, 2004