    Is the "Wan Port" of the C831 autosensing for duplex-operation, and is it
    forced to 10mbit ?

    Thank you
    Elia Spadoni, Mar 23, 2008

  2. Elia Spadoni

    Merv Guest

    > Is the "Wan Port" of the C831 autosensing for duplex-operation, and is it
    > forced to 10mbit ?

    AFAIK the 8312 WAN port is 10 MBPS port only - i.e it is not 1 10/ 100
    MBPS port

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/831/hardware/installation/guide/overview.html

    Are you having some type of problem ?

    Do you have a console cable connected to the console port so that you
    can access router ?

    If so post the output of the following commands:

    show version

    sho interface
    Merv, Mar 23, 2008

  3. Elia Spadoni

    Elia Spadoni Guest

    Hello
    I haven't any problems yet :)
    I just want to know if I can use that in an unmanaged switch enveroniment
    avoding duplex-mismatch

    for example some ETH interfaces of cisco 2600 and 1700 are not auto.duplex

    the most important thing for me is that the 831 is MANAGEABLE (duplex
    operating mode)

    If with a 12.4 it is exactly as the 837 (wich I have) I am not going to face
    any problems.
    Elia Spadoni, Mar 23, 2008
  4. Elia Spadoni

    Merv Guest

    On Mar 23, 6:11 am, "Elia Spadoni" <> wrote:
    > Hello
    > I haven't any problems yet :)
    > I just want to know if I can use that in an unmanaged switch enveroniment
    > avoding duplex-mismatch
    >
    > for example some ETH interfaces of cisco 2600 and 1700 are not auto.duplex
    >
    > the most important thing for me is that the 831 is MANAGEABLE (duplex
    > operating mode)
    >
    > If with a 12.4 it is exactly as the 837 (wich I have) I am not going to face
    > any problems.

    IIRC the 831 does support duplex auto
    Merv, Mar 23, 2008
  5. Elia Spadoni

    Elia Spadoni Guest

    Perfect

    because I may need to set the duplex on the eth port of the C831.
    I have a C837 with 12.4 IOS and I can set the duplex mode of every port. I
    think that the 831 can do the same.

    Anyone here has a 831 so can confirm that?
    Elia Spadoni, Mar 23, 2008
  6. Elia Spadoni

    Uli Link Guest

    Elia Spadoni schrieb:
    > because I may need to set the duplex on the eth port of the C831.
    > I have a C837 with 12.4 IOS and I can set the duplex mode of every port. I
    > think that the 831 can do the same.
    >
    > Anyone here has a 831 so can confirm that?

    You can set duplex on every Port of a 831
    You can set speed 10/100 only on FastEthernet0-3 ports
    The WAN Port (Ethernet1) is a 10MBit/s only

    For a connection of Ethernet1 with an unmanaged switch auto usually
    negotiates half-duplex with 10MBit/s. 10MBit/s and full-duplex is very
    uncommon and only works in very few combinations.

    --
    Uli
    Uli Link, Mar 23, 2008
  7. Elia Spadoni

    Elia Spadoni Guest

    "Uli Link" <> ha scritto nel
    messaggio news:47e6a9b4$0$627$-online.net...
    > Elia Spadoni schrieb:
    >> because I may need to set the duplex on the eth port of the C831.
    >> I have a C837 with 12.4 IOS and I can set the duplex mode of every port.
    >> I think that the 831 can do the same.
    >>
    >> Anyone here has a 831 so can confirm that?

    > You can set duplex on every Port of a 831
    > You can set speed 10/100 only on FastEthernet0-3 ports
    > The WAN Port (Ethernet1) is a 10MBit/s only
    >
    > For a connection of Ethernet1 with an unmanaged switch auto usually
    > negotiates half-duplex with 10MBit/s. 10MBit/s and full-duplex is very
    > uncommon and only works in very few combinations.
    >
    > --
    > Uli

    Well, the link in eth1 is not duplex-manageable? Can i set "duplex auto" ?
    If the switch is 10/100 and supports autosensing, it will negotiate 10 full.

    I always use 10 full on my Cisco 261x in a managed switch, when both the
    router and the switch port is set to full duplex.
    Elia Spadoni, Mar 23, 2008