    know.

    Any help is much appreciated.

    David

    DavidK, Mar 7, 2005

  2. In article <>, "DavidK" <> wrote:
    >I'm planning on deploying Cisco 831 VPN routers and having them connect
    >to the Corp office over a DSL connection to a Cisco 3030.
    >
    >I'm curious how others handled security to keep unwanted users out.
    >This of course assumes you have split tunneling off and there is a
    >branch office type setup.
    >
    >I'm trying to figure out how to have some sort of login/password
    >challenge to keep one of our remote users family members from plugging
    >in a laptop or similar system and connecting to our network. The DHCP
    >will only serve up one usable IP address from the 831 but you never
    >know.

    Look at the VPN 3002 hardware client at
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2286/ps2285/index.html

    I haven't deployed one in this manner, but it has a "vpn client emulation
    mode" that, roughly, requires the person at the remote site to "establish" a
    VPN connection by entering in their VPN credentials via web browsing on the
    3002. Then the 3002 brings up a VPN tunnel for their machine back to your
    network.

    John C. Ring, Jr., Mar 8, 2005