    1
    Hello,

    I am trying to set up a router and replace and old linksys that finally died. I programmed up the cisco, and can pull a ip from my ISP. I can also get an internl IP address from the router (192.168.10.100). However I can't get out to the internet. I can ping the ISP gateway from the PC with IP 192.168.10.1, and I can ping the same ISP gateway from someone outside the network. All the poorts are up, but when I do a "sh int summ", I am only receiveing data on ethernet1 (which is the ISP) side. My network is ethernet0 and shows not tx or rx. Any haelp is appreciated.
    mjahall, Sep 21, 2006

  2. mjahall

    Aspired

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2006
    Messages:
    24
    So it sounds like your 831 is running DHCP to your workstation and that part is working ok but you are not getting DNS maybe.
    Can you ping your ISP's DNS servers?
    Can you ping other valid IP addresses outside your network besides your given IP form your ISP?

    Are you runing NAT overload?
    Are you receiving a static or dynamic IP from your ISP?

    Upload a running config so we can see more to help you out hopefully.
    Aspired, Oct 28, 2006

  3. mjahall

    compuci_ic

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Cisco SOHO 91 router Lost Password

    I lost a password of Cisco SOHO 91 router
    Hoe I can use to configure this router ?

    Please
    You
    compuci_ic, Oct 31, 2006
  4. mjahall