    I currently have my own cisco gear and am a member of the Cisco Net Academy Alumni. So hi to any of you that are here.

    Now for my question. As stated in the subject line i have this router at the house. I don't do wireless much so this router is perfect for me. It's running Cisco IOS 12.2. What i'm trying to do is set up port forwarding for my web server and also DHCP for the 4 ports on the router. I'm sure i can come up with the DHCP command but am unfamiliar with the Port Forwarding. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
    phantasm, Aug 12, 2007

  2. phantasm

    mobbarley

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2007
    Messages:
    7
    I assume you are sharing the internet OK using NAT overload?

    you can set up a static translation something like this:

    ip nat inside source static [tcp/udp] [inside ip adddress] [inside port] [outside interface/ip] [outside port]

    for example I map ext port 60022 to my server's ssh port (22) like this:
    ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.14 22 interface FastEthernet0/0.2 60022

    Using the interface name instead of address will work if you ext IP changes.
    mobbarley, Aug 12, 2007

  3. phantasm

    phantasm

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2007
    Messages:
    10
    hmmm i tried your example and it says ip is an unrecognized command.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
    phantasm, Aug 13, 2007
  4. phantasm

    mobbarley