Cisco 831 DynDNS & port forwarding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ararat, Jul 13, 2008.

  1. ararat

    ararat

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi, I was searching through internet how to configure my cisco 831 to dynimicly update my IP address (using DynDns.com) and how to forward specific ports to local IP addresses but nothing was working for me.
    First my config:
    ip ddns update method METHOD
    HTTP
    add http://user:passw@members.dyndns.org/nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname=
    user.homelinux.com&myip=192.168.1.3
    interval maximum 28 0 0 0

    interface Dialer1
    ip ddns update hostname user.homelinux.com
    ip ddns update METHOD
    after restarting my router I can observe the following:

    *Jul 13 03:14:28.915: HTTPDNS: Update add called for ararat.homelinux.com <=> 20
    9.195.83.203
    *Jul 13 03:14:28.915: HTTPDNS: Updat [OK]
    e called for user.homelinux.com <=> 209.195.24.71
    *Jul 13 03:14:28.915: HTTPDNS: init
    So it defines new IP address but it cannot register it with dyndns.com
    As far as I understud from cisco manual after init should come reply from server.Unfortunatelly no reply.

    As for port forwarding I tryed to configure it from web-tool from PAT menu.But it is not working.

    Please if you have solutions for my problems I would be happy to see them, because I'm struggling with this two things for 2 weeks.:-(

    Thanks

    ararat, Jul 13, 2008