Cisco 828 Remote VPN

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by R. Bressers, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. R. Bressers

    R. Bressers Guest

    Hi,

    I have a very urgent question.
    In the past, i configured many Cisco PIX's for remote VPN via the
    standard Windows XP VPN client like this :

    vpdn group 1 accept dialin pptp
    vpdn group 1 ppp authentication mschap
    vpdn group 1 ppp ecryption mppe 128 required
    vpdn group 1 client configuration address local pptp-pool
    vpdn group 1 client authentication local
    vpdn group 1 pptp echo 60
    vpdn enable outside

    I want to configure Remote VPN on a Cisco 828 (and a 837), but i am not
    sure if it's possible to configure this to use the standard (noobie) VPN
    client in Windows XP.

    Can anyone help me with this ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Remco Bressers

    R. Bressers, Mar 3, 2004

  2. R. Bressers

    John Rennie Guest

    The 837 can be configured as you say. I don't think the 828 supports PPTP.

    JR

    John Rennie, Mar 3, 2004

  3. R. Bressers

    R. Bressers Guest

    Have you got any configuration examples for this? I cannot seem to find
    any on the cisco website and very little on the web.
    Maybe you can point me to someplace?
    I thought that the 828 has the same firmware as the 837?!

    Thanks !!

    R. Bressers, Mar 4, 2004
  4. R. Bressers

    John Rennie Guest

    http://www.ifm.net.nz/ is a useful resource, and
    http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/configwizard.html is a brilliant bit of
    Javascripting. Trying to get anything useful off the Cisco website is
    frustrating to say the least :-(

    Telnet into your 828 and issue a vpdn ? command. If you get a command unknown
    response then it doesn't support PPTP. Also try aaa ? and see what happens. I
    don't have a 828 to hand, but I think it only does lan to lan tunnels, not
    dialin.

    JR

    John Rennie, Mar 4, 2004
  5. R. Bressers

    R. Bressers Guest

    Thank you VERY much for this information .. This seems to be very useful.

    Remco

    R. Bressers, Mar 5, 2004