    SDSL.

    Thanks.

    , Nov 16, 2005

  2. Matty M Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We will be getting SDSL service soon and I was wondering if the Cisco
    > 828 G.SHDSL router will work with SDSL service. I understand both SDSL
    > and G.SHDSL are symetrical DSL technoliges, but I cannot find anywhere
    > in the cisco documentation that the 828 is actually cmpatible with
    > SDSL.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Not that ive tried it but I dont see why it wouldnt work. However one thing
    to note is that router is end of life/end of sale. It can only support up to
    2.3MB down/up so you havent got much flexibility. Cant your ISP let you know
    if it would work for sure?

    Cheers

    Matt

    Matty M, Nov 17, 2005

  3. "Matty M" <> writes:
    ><> wrote in message
    >> We will be getting SDSL service soon and I was wondering if the Cisco
    >> 828 G.SHDSL router will work with SDSL service. I understand both SDSL
    >> and G.SHDSL are symetrical DSL technoliges, but I cannot find anywhere
    >> in the cisco documentation that the 828 is actually cmpatible with
    >> SDSL.
    >>

    >Not that ive tried it but I dont see why it wouldnt work. However one thing
    >to note is that router is end of life/end of sale. It can only support up to
    >2.3MB down/up so you havent got much flexibility. Cant your ISP let you know
    >if it would work for sure?

    More than likely, they'll have to ask the service provide which ITU
    standard the SDSL line would come in as.

    FWIW: Stock ITU G.SHDSL is only defined up to 2.3Mb up/down anyway,
    its not a limitation of the hardware, but of the standard. Remember,
    ADSL gets higher downlink speed because it is sacraficing uplink speed.

    This model has been EOL'd most likely because it is 3 gens out. There's
    the later models 838 and the 878 versions as well.

    SDSL is a generic name. Could mean lots of things. More than likely,
    they are providing ITU G.SHDSL and this router will work fine, but ask
    them, you have to match them, not guesses the Net community can make
    for you.

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 18, 2005