    feactory-defaults?)

    TIA.

    Newbie.
    none, Jul 15, 2004

  2. none wrote:

    > I bought the router so that I can plug in an ordinary dialup-modem to it
    > and dial into my ISP and more importantly to learn Cisco. What cable do
    > I need to buy to plug in my dialup-modem? The connector at the back of
    > the 805 is some sort of special connector?

    Yep. You need a 'CAB-SS-232MT', as Cisco calls it. A Smart Serial <->
    Male RS-232 DTE cable.

    > Could someone point or show me how to reset the router to
    > factory-default settings?

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/805/805swcfg/pwrecov.htm

    However, as you don't really want to recover the existing config, say
    'Yes' at step 11 when it asks 'Do you want to enter the system
    configuration dialog' (or words to that effect).

    I know how to use Hyperterminal to access the
    > router. How do I log into the router, (whats the username/password at
    > feactory-defaults?)

    There isn't one. Start digging around at
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/805/index.htm
    for the documentation for the box, and
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/805/805swcfg/advscen.htm#16990

    for specifics about the config you're going to want.

    Regards,

    Marco.
    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Jul 15, 2004

  3. none

    none Guest

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp wrote:

    >> I bought the router so that I can plug in an ordinary dialup-modem to
    >> it and dial into my ISP and more importantly to learn Cisco. What
    >> cable do I need to buy to plug in my dialup-modem? The connector at
    >> the back of the 805 is some sort of special connector?

    > Yep. You need a 'CAB-SS-232MT', as Cisco calls it. A Smart Serial <->
    > Male RS-232 DTE cable.
    > Regards,
    >
    > Marco.

    Thanks for information Marco.

    I had a look for the CAB-SS-232MT. My Netcomm dialup modem has a 9hole
    serial connector, therefore I would need a:

    9-pin male connector (DB9?)RS-232 DTE <-> Smart Serial cable.

    Every CAB-SS-232MT I googled for is a DB25.

    Has anyone got suggestions?
    none, Jul 15, 2004
  4. none wrote:

    > 9-pin male connector (DB9?)RS-232 DTE <-> Smart Serial cable.

    There is no such beast.

    > Every CAB-SS-232MT I googled for is a DB25.

    Yep.

    > Has anyone got suggestions?

    Get a DB25 <-> DB9 converter as well as the CAB-SS-232MT. As you found
    out, Cisco RS-232 cables are all DB25s.

    Regards,

    Marco.
    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Jul 15, 2004
  5. none

    AnyBody43 Guest

    "M.C. van den Bovenkamp" <> wrote in message news:<40f682c7$0$57558$4all.nl>...
    > none wrote:
    >
    > > 9-pin male connector (DB9?)RS-232 DTE <-> Smart Serial cable.

    > There is no such beast.
    >
    > > Every CAB-SS-232MT I googled for is a DB25.

    > Yep.
    >
    > > Has anyone got suggestions?

    > Get a DB25 <-> DB9 converter as well as the CAB-SS-232MT. As you found
    > out, Cisco RS-232 cables are all DB25s.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Marco.

    Maybe that's because all RS-232 cables are DB25?

    i.e. Does the Standard specify DB25?

    Quite frankly I don't care but maybe someone does?
    AnyBody43, Jul 18, 2004
  6. AnyBody43 wrote:

    > Maybe that's because all RS-232 cables are DB25?
    >
    > i.e. Does the Standard specify DB25?

    I think it does, yes. But I'm not sure. The DB-9 came in with the IBM
    AT, I think (at least in the PC world).

    Regards,

    Marco.
    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Jul 18, 2004