    --
    Sean Rima
    ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie

    Sean Rima, May 22, 2005

  2. TBACL or interesting ping packets (was: Cisco 801 and a hub)

    Hi Sean,

    when you config isdn dial on demand you have to configure which protocol
    can open the connection. The command is
    dialer-list dialer-group protocol protocol-name {permit | deny | list
    access-list-number | access-group}
    for example
    dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit opens the isdn connection as soon as an
    ip packet is arriving the router with routing table entry for isdn.
    But instead of defining "any" ip you can define an access list. In this
    access list you allow any ip packets, too. But you can use time based
    access lists. There you can define exactly when the isdn is allowed to
    be established.
    Description of tbacl:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/...0/products_feature_guide09186a0080087456.html

    Please note that the access list, bound to the dialer-list does not
    limit packets at the isdn interface. The dialer-list feature defines
    only the packets which are interesting for the isdn connection, i. e.
    which can open the isdn line. As soon as the isdn connection is
    established all other packets are send over the isdn line, too. If you
    want to limit ip packets for sending over isdn you have to bound an
    access list to the isdn interface in the interface configuration mode.

    Other possibity:
    Just define an access list where you only allow packets to an specific
    ip destination. And you wrote a batch file with a neverending ping
    command. As soon as you want access over isdn you start the batch file.
    As long as the batch file sends ping packets, the isdn line will be
    open. If you stop the batch file, the isdn line is brought down after
    the dialer idle timeout.

    Hopefully my english were correct an understandable ...

    Regards from munich
    Stefan Emilius

    Stefan Emilius, May 22, 2005

  3. Sean Rima

    Sean Rima Guest

    Re: TBACL or interesting ping packets (was: Cisco 801 and a hub)

    Stefan Emilius laid this down on his screen :
    > Hi Sean,
    >
    > when you config isdn dial on demand you have to configure which protocol
    > can open the connection. The command is
    > dialer-list dialer-group protocol protocol-name {permit | deny | list
    > access-list-number | access-group}
    > for example
    > dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit opens the isdn connection as soon as an ip
    > packet is arriving the router with routing table entry for isdn.
    > But instead of defining "any" ip you can define an access list. In this
    > access list you allow any ip packets, too. But you can use time based access
    > lists. There you can define exactly when the isdn is allowed to be
    > established.
    > Description of tbacl:
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/...0/products_feature_guide09186a0080087456.html
    >
    > Please note that the access list, bound to the dialer-list does not limit
    > packets at the isdn interface. The dialer-list feature defines only the
    > packets which are interesting for the isdn connection, i. e. which can open
    > the isdn line. As soon as the isdn connection is established all other
    > packets are send over the isdn line, too. If you want to limit ip packets for
    > sending over isdn you have to bound an access list to the isdn interface in
    > the interface configuration mode.
    >
    > Other possibity:
    > Just define an access list where you only allow packets to an specific ip
    > destination. And you wrote a batch file with a neverending ping command. As
    > soon as you want access over isdn you start the batch file. As long as the
    > batch file sends ping packets, the isdn line will be open. If you stop the
    > batch file, the isdn line is brought down after the dialer idle timeout.
    >
    > Hopefully my english were correct an understandable ...

    Thanks, that is very helpfull and I think I will use a batch to ping a
    site or stop the autoloading of Trillian and use that as the connect
    script :)

    Sean

    Sean Rima, May 22, 2005