    that would give me access to it.

    Many Thanks,
    Tim
    Tim Johnson, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Tim Johnson

    Tim Johnson Guest

    > Right now I've got an expensive but useless phone. Can anyone help me out
    > with the firmware, or advise on how to get this elusive $8 SmartNet

    contract
    > that would give me access to it.

    I found out about the contract, being in the UK, it will cost me £38 or $70
    just for firmware access. All I really need is a copy of this 5.x or 6.x
    firmware file :/

    Tim
    Tim Johnson, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Tim Johnson

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    In article <On0%b.16812$>,
    Tim Johnson <> wrote:
    >I purchased one of these phones brand new from eBay with no paperwork. I
    >realize I need the SIP image to convert it from using call manager, but I'm
    >now discovering Cisco's bureaucracy makes this very very hard.
    >
    >Right now I've got an expensive but useless phone. Can anyone help me out
    >with the firmware, or advise on how to get this elusive $8 SmartNet contract
    >that would give me access to it.

    Cisco has a refurbished stuff project.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ordering/or6/or17/order_refurbished_equipment_high_level_listing.html

    Somewhere down there is a solution (probably not a cheap one, I know).

    --
    MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
    LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23
    Kurt Jaeger, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Tim Johnson

    Steve Blair Guest

    4.4 is identical to 5.0 except it is not signed so you
    can downgrade the image if needed. Once you go to 5.x
    you cannot downgrade to a pre-version 5 release.

    -Steve

    Steve Blair, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Tim Johnson

    Tim Johnson Guest

    Too late, someone very kindly hooked me up with 6.2. However, this appears
    to have documented issues with firewalls or FWD, and I'm not having a lot of
    luck getting it running.

    Tim

    Tim Johnson, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Tim Johnson

    Tim Johnson Guest

    Scrap that, the same person has helped me out again with a 5.x firmware.
    Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it'll work. Guess I'm all set. Thanks so
    much for the help guys.

    Tim

    Tim Johnson, Feb 25, 2004