    Vonage should sell a WiFi phone that can easily log onto any WiFi
    Access Point and be online. The phone should be able ot store several
    WEP keys for secure networks...

    Jake, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Jake

    Brad Reese Guest

    (Jake) wrote in message news:<>...
    > So, can this phone log onto any WAP (or HotSpot), pick up an IP
    > address and dial out? From what I have read it doesn't quite sound
    > like it.
    >
    > Why doesn't one of the VoIP services make something like that... i.e.
    > Vonage should sell a WiFi phone that can easily log onto any WiFi
    > Access Point and be online. The phone should be able ot store several
    > WEP keys for secure networks...

    Jake,

    You may wish to investigate the Vonage SoftPhone:

    http://www.vonage.com/features.php?feature=softphone

    Whether you're traveling across the globe or just into the next room,
    carrying on a conversation doesn't have to mean carrying extra
    equipment.

    Download Vonage SoftPhone and you can turn any PC or laptop into a
    full-functioning telephone.

    Vonage SoftPhone is a screen-based interface that works just like your
    telephone keypad.

    You can make a call, receive a call, and pick up your voicemails too.

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    Email:
    AIM: BradReeseCom