Cisco 7912G IP Phone or Snom 190

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ben Fitzgerald, Nov 6, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    like the subject says, given the choice (forget price, I'm just asking
    about quality here), would you go for:

    a) Cisco 7912G IP Phone
    b) Snom 190

    If you have used both, please state this as I'll be interested to know
    this.

    I would be using the phone over an adsl line and would in time like to
    setup Asterix pbx on my linux box to add functionality. Usage is
    residential.

    Please keep answers short but justify your choice. Please don't flame
    over stuff! Play nicely.

    Many thanks,

    Ben.

    --
    Registered Linux user number 339435
    Ben Fitzgerald, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Ben Fitzgerald

    John Smith Guest

    I would also be interested in peoples views on these phones as I am also
    looking from a residential position,

    --
    Regards,

    John Smith
    Microsoft Partner

    John Smith, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Ben Fitzgerald

    Natedogg Guest

    Hi,

    Currently i have both of these on my desk. Both have excelent
    build quality and sound quality is great on both too.

    Cisco:
    Nice looking phone.
    Arse to configure.
    Have to buy smartnet to get sip firmeware.
    They try to get you to buy a sip user license.
    Slow to boot.

    Snom:
    Works straight out of the box.
    Boots in 10 seconds.
    Speaker phone quality can be a little tinny.
    Not as astetically pleasing.

    Hope this helps

    Nathan

    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.3 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
    Natedogg, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Ben Fitzgerald

    Chris Guest

    "Natedogg" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Currently i have both of these on my desk. Both have excelent
    > build quality and sound quality is great on both too.
    >
    > Cisco:
    > Nice looking phone.
    > Arse to configure.
    > Have to buy smartnet to get sip firmeware.
    > They try to get you to buy a sip user license.
    > Slow to boot.
    >
    > Snom:
    > Works straight out of the box.
    > Boots in 10 seconds.
    > Speaker phone quality can be a little tinny.
    > Not as astetically pleasing.
    >
    > Hope this helps
    >

    > Nathan

    You can buy the Cisco phone with SIP already on it. Also Smartnet on that
    phone is only about £5 (I believe). Have you looked the 7940 is a bit more
    but a damn site easier config.

    Chris...
    Chris, Nov 30, 2005