    Anyone knows what the difference is between these two? I looked at
    cisco.com and the only thing I found was that 7206 is EOL.

    Doan
    Doan, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Doan

    Will Plaice Guest

    7204 and 7206 had limited backplane capacity
    the VXR versions had better performance, and could cope with faster NM
    (Network Modules), ie POS and GE.

    the VXR's also support NPE G1 Processors, there are many different sorts of
    processor, from NPE200 to NPE 300 (various memory and i/o options)

    hope this answers some questions...

    PS I bought 2 7206VXR's last month...

    Will Plaice, Jan 31, 2005

  3. Doan

    Doan Guest

    Thanks!

    Doan

    Doan, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Doan

    Evan Wagner Guest

    Doan <> wrote:

    Greetings,

    Another point to consider - memory capacity:

    7204 and 7206 max out at 128 MB RAM and are compatible with NPE-225 or below.
    VXR's max out at 256 MB RAM and are compatible with NPE-400 or below.

    --Evan

    Evan Wagner, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Hello, Evan!
    You wrote on Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:16:33 -0000:

    EW> Another point to consider - memory capacity:

    EW> 7204 and 7206 max out at 128 MB RAM and are compatible with
    EW> NPE-225 or below. VXR's max out at 256 MB RAM and are compatible
    EW> with NPE-400 or below.

    It's good that my 7206VXR with NPE-400 doesn't know that and is working with 512
    MB RAM :)

    With best regards,
    Andrey.
    Andrey Tarasov, Feb 5, 2005