    almost completely unresponsive. is this normal, if not, any ideas how
    to resolve this issue?
    , Oct 12, 2006

  2. writes:
    >we have several cisco 7200 running npe-200s w/128-256 megs of ram. they
    >have very large configs due to the fact they are dsl aggregation
    >routers. anytime we do a 'show run' the routers really thrash, it takes
    >several minutes to build the configs. during this time they become
    >almost completely unresponsive. is this normal, if not, any ideas how
    >to resolve this issue?

    I was never impressed with the CPU lack-of-power in an NPE-200.
    Even the NPE-300 was considerably better, and the NPE-400 better yet.
    But all of these are EOL now.

    I'm sure Cisco's recommended solution for you would be to upgrade to
    an NPE-G1 or G2. You could probably combine 3-4 of your existing 7200-NPE200s
    into one box then with room to spare.
    Doug McIntyre, Oct 12, 2006

  3. Guest

    Perhaps surprisingly, we can terminate 4000 DSL users using RBE on a
    single box with an NPE-200 without missing a beat except for the config
    saving issue. Cheap and effective. We're running about 12000 subs
    total. EOL, for us, means we save money via eBay!