    hook yours up?

    Thanks in advance.

    - Scott

    S. Smith, Sep 20, 2004

  2. S. Smith

    Kevin Guest

    "S. Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I'm interested in connecting a PlayStation2 network adapter
    > to my Cisco 678 router to play games online via DSL with my nephew.
    >
    > It looks like I could hook the 678 to a small hub and run an
    > ethernet cable to the PS2 adapter. Or would I have to unplug
    > the computer and run the cable directly from the 678 router?
    >
    > Has anyone tried this setup with a 678 yet? If so, how did you
    > hook yours up?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > - Scott

    I haven't done this but, you can just add a hub. The 678 in ppp mode is a
    router. You may need to do some things like opening ports on the 678. Check
    out this web page for some tips on this
    http://www.users.qwest.net/~rlutton/ADSL/. it says Cisco 675 but it applies
    to 678s as well.

    Also, if you currently have the 678 hooked directly to your computer, that
    is done using a crossover cable (a yellow one comes with the 67xs). You
    would either hook the crossover cable to an uplink port on you hub or use a
    regular Ethernet cable hooked to a regular port on a hub between the 678 &
    the hub.

    Kevin

    Kevin, Sep 21, 2004