    on what I should look at to solve this problem or has anyone
    experienced the same issue?

    Thanks!

    JAmenda, Dec 19, 2003

  2. JAmenda

    Thomas Voigt Guest

    Hi all,

    (JAmenda) wrote:

    >I have been experiencing ports automatically disabling themselves on a
    >6509 switch. It seems to be the same 2 or 3 users that this happens
    >to and it seems like this happens once every month or so. Any ideas
    >on what I should look at to solve this problem or has anyone
    >experienced the same issue?

    Look for collisions, autonegotiating issues or defective patch cords.

    At my company we had a lot of ports which are errdis after a lot of
    collisions.

    Because of the pc admins don't want to set the nic's "hard" to
    100/full we had to enable the "auto recovery" from errdis ports after
    30 seconds.

    --
    Greetings from Weimar / Germany

    Thomas Voigt

    Thomas Voigt, Dec 19, 2003

  3. JAmenda

    JAmenda Guest

    Thanks for your input Thomas. I'll do some monitoring on the port and
    see what the story is. Enabling the auto-recovery on that port may be
    a good option for this case.

    Thanks again!

    Jason

    JAmenda, Dec 24, 2003