    rights at this type of Cisco switch on this layer??

    Thanks

    Greets

    alpha, Mar 26, 2007

  2. What you mean under definitions "Layer 3 switch" and @Layer 2 module"? Do
    you have your Catalyst 6500 Supervisor module in the Native mode (you have
    only IOS commands when connected to the console) or you have it in Hybrid
    mode (you have CatOS commands when connected to the Console port, and you
    have to do "session 15" to connect to MSFC module)?

    If you have your switch in Native mode, then there is no separate
    configuration for "Layer 2" versus "Layer 3", all commands are mixed
    together. You have to look in the Configuration Guides and Commands
    References, what one or another command does. However if you have your
    switch in Hybrid mode, your Supervisor module has all Layer2 configuration,
    and your MSFC holds all Layer3 configuration.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    ------
    PC Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

    headsetadapter.com, Mar 26, 2007

  3. alpha

    alpha Guest

    > you have it in Hybrid
    > mode (you have CatOS commands when connected to the Console port, and you
    > have to do "session 15" to connect to MSFC module)?
    >
    > However if you have your
    > switch in Hybrid mode, your Supervisor module has all Layer2 configuration,
    > and your MSFC holds all Layer3 configuration.

    This is our constellation. Unfortunately we do not have all rights to
    administrate this type of switches. Because of this I wanted to know if
    there is any hidden way to get the configuration...

    alpha, Mar 27, 2007