Cisco 6160 and ATM framing m23plcp

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by David Corredor, Sep 10, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I have a 6160 DSLAM concentrator to provide ADSL connections,that is
    connected to a 7204 across ATM to pass the atm/adsl users to the local lan.

    The problem is that every time that I restart the 6160, the ATM that
    connect with the 7204 is autoconfigured in "framing m23plcp", and I
    need to entry in the router and reconfigure it to "no framing m23plcp".

    I do a "write mem" with the correct configuration, but when I restart,
    the framing m23plcp appear another time.

    Is this a software bug, or I'm doing something wrong? The version is
    12.1(1)DA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

    Anybody can help me?

    Thanks in advance,

    David Corredor

    David Corredor, Sep 10, 2004

  2. David Corredor

    mh Guest

    its a bug

    CSCds21826 Bug Details

    Headline Framing mode changes from cbitadm to m23 following reboot or
    upgrade
    Product c6160 Model
    Component ni2 Duplicate of
    Severity 2 Severity help Status Verified Status help
    First Found-in Version 12.1(2)DA All affected versions First
    Fixed-in Version Version help
    Release Notes

    Symptom:
    Configuring a DS3 interface with framing cbitadm followed by a write
    will cause the interface to have framing m23plcp after a reload.
    Workaround:
    Reconfigure the interface with framing cbitadm after every reload.

    mh, Sep 10, 2004