Cisco 53xx & Dial on deman

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by andre, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. andre

    andre Guest

    Hi Cisco gurus!

    I use a Cisco 5300 (and a 5350) to establish up to 120 dial-out
    connections
    with custom satellites that understand ppp. These satellites
    authenticates the Cisco.

    The mean I use to do this is DDR (dial on demand routing) : when I
    need to connect to one of them I configure on the fly a new dialer
    (with the correct username and password), then I ping through the
    terminal. The Cisco then dials and establishes the connection.
    But I have some problems doing this :
    - 120 lines => 120 different dialers, I would simplify it using 1
    dialer;
    - the delay that DDR takes to pull up an async after the ping is
    not omogeneus and sometimes also doesn't work, so I have to repeat the
    ping up to 3 times to have the line pulled up.

    Here is the sample of an async and the corresponding dialer :

    interface Dialer10
    description NOTIFIER_DC_DIALER
    ip address 10.133.0.253 255.255.255.0
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer in-band
    dialer redial interval 25 attempts 4 re-enable 5
    dialer map ip 10.133.0.81 name 0 broadcast 26
    dialer-group 1
    autodetect encapsulation ppp
    no peer default ip address
    no cdp enable
    ppp chap hostname xxxxxxx
    ppp chap password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ppp pap sent-username xxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    end
    !
    interface Async21
    description NOTIFIER_DC_ASYNC
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer in-band
    dialer rotary-group 10
    autodetect encapsulation ppp
    async mode interactive
    no cdp enable
    ppp chap hostname xxxxxxx
    ppp chap password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ppp pap sent-username xxxxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    end

    Please help me to solve those problems.

    Thanks in advance,

    Andrea