    http server enable
    http 172.16.0.0 255.255.0.0 inside

    Hope you can help me thanks in advance.
    Sako, Jun 9, 2006

  2. Sako

    Gary Guest

    Sako wrote:

    > I also noticed PDM isn't enabled, I know it's for security issues,
    > but it would help for disabling access-lists easier . Is there any
    > disadvantage enabling the pdm in the 525?

    Are you sure you're using a 525 and not a 520? If you have a 520, you
    might have a 2mb flash card that won't hold the PDM images. Try running
    'show version' and see what it says. If it reads something like 'Flash
    E28F128J3 @ 0xfff00000, 16MB' then you've enough room to install it. You
    can 'ls flash:' to see what files are there currently. You may also be
    running a pre-PDM version of Finesse. Posting some more details will help
    us to better help you with your issue.

    -Gary
    Gary, Jun 11, 2006

  3. Sako

    Sako Guest

    It's a 525 for sure, I think that it doesn't have pdm and ssh active.

    Hardware: PIX-525, 256 MB RAM, CPU Pentium III 600 MHz
    Flash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MB
    BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

    Is it possible pdm ?

    Gary ha escrito:

    Sako, Jun 12, 2006
  4. Sako

    keshav

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Messages:
    15
    To connect using SSH or PDM , you need to generate RSA keys in pix and this is much secure than using telnet.

    ca zeroize rsa
    ca generate rsa key 1024
    ca save all

    wr mem

    and then enable http server and ssh access

    http server enable
    http 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.255 inside
    ssh 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.255 inside

    wr mem

    For generating RSA keys , your pix sould be licensed to support either DES or 3DES.
    keshav, Jun 25, 2006