Cisco 4506 Policy Based Routing command missing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by theizer1, Nov 14, 2008.

  1. theizer1

    theizer1

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    I am trying to configure Policy-Based Routing on a Cisco 4506. My goal is to route internet bound traffic to different gateways based on the source subnet. I am following the "Catalyst 4500 Series Switch Cisco IOS
    Software Configuration Guide Release 12.2(31)SG" pages 26-1 thru 26-6.

    When creating my route-map, the set command "set ip default next-hop" is not available to me. Only "set ip next-hop" is available.

    Example from console:

    HQSW-01(config)#route-map UserGroup01 permit 10
    HQSW-01(config-route-map)#match ip address 15
    HQSW-01(config-route-map)#set ip ?
    address Specify IP address
    df Set DF bit
    next-hop Next hop address
    precedence Set precedence field
    qos-group Set QOS Group ID

    Does anyone know why I can't see the "default next-hop" command?

    theizer1, Nov 14, 2008