    NextLevel Guest

    Is there a way to log internet traffic from the inside interface to an
    internal server ? If so, can you explain how it is done. Thanks

    NextLevel, Feb 28, 2006

  2. NextLevel

    Merv Guest

    what do you mean by log Internet traffic
    .. capture the entire content of each packets ?
    .. display the source and destination IP addresses, ports

    Merv, Feb 28, 2006

  3. NextLevel

    NextLevel Guest

    Let me try to explain, What I am trying to do is log the destination
    IP's from the internal network to the internet so I can review the
    sites visited at a later time. I know they have loggin software that
    can be run on a server but I was trying to see if it is possible to log
    it from the router to a server using the logging feature in CISCO IOS

    Does that make sense ?

    NextLevel, Mar 1, 2006
  4. NextLevel

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Mar 1, 2006
  5. NextLevel

    NextLevel Guest

    NextLevel, Mar 2, 2006
  6. NextLevel

    Merv Guest

    see

    ttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080379aee.html#wp1006509

    Merv, Mar 2, 2006
  7. NextLevel

    NextLevel Guest

    I thank you for the info but I think you may have misunderstood. I am
    using a 4500M router not a switch. Would this still be the same in the
    router ?

    NextLevel, Mar 2, 2006
  8. NextLevel

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Mar 2, 2006
  9. NextLevel

    NextLevel Guest

    CEF is enabled on the router. So I will make the assumption (which I
    hate to do) is that even though the whitepapers and docs are written
    for the Catalyst 4500 switch, it would still work on the 4500M series
    ROUTERs.

    NextLevel, Mar 2, 2006