    Cisco's ACS required in this case?

    Thank you,
    Paul
    pgmanno, Feb 18, 2008

  2. pgmanno

    Greeley

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2007
    Messages:
    67
    Its not required to have ACS but I prefer to use it. I strongly suggest just buying the software and putting it on your own server.

    --G
    Greeley, Feb 19, 2008

  3. pgmanno

    pgmanno Guest

    On Feb 18, 4:25 pm, pgmanno <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am new to the Cisco 4402 and hope this is the correct place to post
    > this question...
    >
    > I want to have my domain logon credentials work for the wireless
    > network. Does anyone have a working configuration where the 4402
    > authenticates against a Windows 2003 Standard Edition server? Is
    > Cisco's ACS required in this case?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Paul

    Nevermind. I found the answer here: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035-6148579.html

    Thanks.
    pgmanno, Feb 19, 2008
  4. Hello pgmanno,

    > Does anyone have a working configuration where the 4402 authenticates
    > against a Windows 2003 Standard Edition server?

    I have configured this. But I do not have the configuration at hand.

    > Is Cisco's ACS required in this case?

    Nope. The ACS is handy when you have several 4402 controllers. And it does
    a lot of other stuff. But for plain authentication you don't need it.
    ---
    Helge Olav Helgesen
    http://www.helge.ne

    Helge Olav Helgesen, Feb 19, 2008