    sheet

    I can figure it if i have the router by using the "show ver" command,
    but I need to know about it before having the router
    ayman-net, Nov 14, 2007

  2. ayman-net

    Trendkill Guest

    On Nov 14, 9:32 am, ayman-net <> wrote:
    > hi everyone
    >
    > could u tell me please how i can figure the cisco3845 router CPU Type
    > and speed or any other cisco router, i didn't find it on the data
    > sheet
    >
    > I can figure it if i have the router by using the "show ver" command,
    > but I need to know about it before having the router

    I can't find the specifications on cisco or anywhere else. I looked
    at show ver and show diag, but nothing stood out to me. Here is a
    show ver and show diag off a public website so you can look too...but
    not sure this information is widely available.

    http://www.mulligantechnologies.com/ShowVersions/cisco3845.TXT
    Trendkill, Nov 14, 2007

  3. ayman-net <> writes:
    >could u tell me please how i can figure the cisco3845 router CPU Type
    >and speed or any other cisco router, i didn't find it on the data
    >sheet

    >I can figure it if i have the router by using the "show ver" command,
    >but I need to know about it before having the router

    Looks like its a Broadcom BCM-1250, dual-core 64-bit MIPS processor.

    Not sure why it matters, CPU and speed matter little as you compare
    platforms. Its all about throughput and feature set. You have to let
    the company tweak out what you need out of their hardware set and buy
    the appropriate platform. An RSP-2 is a 32-bit MIPS, but quite blown
    away by a 3845...
    Doug McIntyre, Nov 15, 2007