    My question... How do I configure routing between these two networks?

    Thanks for the help.

    , Apr 11, 2007

  2. Trendkill Guest

    On Apr 11, 3:25 pm, wrote:
    > Scenario:
    > I receive my internet via a cable modem. This is plugged into the
    > Cisco 3640 eth 0/0. ip is dhcp'd.
    > My internal network is on 10.19.5.0 attached to fa 1/0.
    >
    > My question... How do I configure routing between these two networks?
    >
    > Thanks for the help.

    Put a default route that points to the e0/0 interface, or to the next
    hop gateway that the ISP gives you via DHCP. The router will
    automatically push packets between the two networks since they are
    directly connected, but you need to have a default to route traffic to
    the internet.

    Trendkill, Apr 11, 2007

  3. Trendkill Guest

    On Apr 11, 3:25 pm, wrote:
    > Scenario:
    > I receive my internet via a cable modem. This is plugged into the
    > Cisco 3640 eth 0/0. ip is dhcp'd.
    > My internal network is on 10.19.5.0 attached to fa 1/0.
    >
    > My question... How do I configure routing between these two networks?
    >
    > Thanks for the help.

    Oh, also may want to turn-up NAT since you probably only have one IP
    and will need to have multiple boxes connecting to the internet. Else
    traffic will route fine, but will not know how to get back from the
    internet......

    Trendkill, Apr 11, 2007
  4. writes:
    >I receive my internet via a cable modem. This is plugged into the
    >Cisco 3640 eth 0/0. ip is dhcp'd.
    >My internal network is on 10.19.5.0 attached to fa 1/0.
    >My question... How do I configure routing between these two networks?

    You aren't routing, you are NAT'ing.

    Are you sure the IP is DHCP'd and not retrieved via PPPoE?

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093fbf.shtml

    Otherwise, stock DHCP should be something like

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a008009445f.shtml

    Adding in 'ip address dhcp' on the outside interface.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 11, 2007