Cisco 3660 Router Erasing Memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kbajura, Jul 7, 2007.

  1. kbajura

    kbajura

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    We have a Cisco 3660 router that I swear is possessed. We have had Cisco replace it 3 times this week and it still it crashing.

    This happened a little less than a year ago. Replacing everything (MB and chassis) let it work for almost a year.
    Then it happened again last month. And it was replace again.
    Now less that 1 month, it's happening again.

    The router only has 1 HSSI card in it.

    Here's what's happening:

    New replace router comes, and we install it with old config.
    Works perfectly for about 12 hours. Then crashes.
    Shows that IOS has become corrupt. Shows Memory Bad errors. And cannot read from flash.
    IOS cannot be reloaded because of memory errors.

    This has happened 3 times in the past week.

    Any suggestions as to what can be causing this?

    It's plugged into a surge protector. So I don't think that could be the problem. But I moved it to another one just to make sure.

    My guess it's the HSSI card. It's plugged into a T3DSU. Can that be shorting out the memory.

    HELP!!!

    kbajura, Jul 7, 2007