    should be 10.10.10.1 but I cant ping it...any ideas?

    Thanks

    Jerrit

    Jerrit Tyler, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Jerrit Tyler

    NoEcm Guest

    E0 may be any IP address or it could be administratively shut down.

    Would suggest you find a console cable and save yourself a lot of grief.

    NoEcm, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Jerrit Tyler

    toni Guest

    (Jerrit Tyler) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I just got a used Cisco 3640 Router and I cannot connect to it at all?
    >
    > I dont have a RJ-45 to DB9 cable, I am trying to connect from
    > Ethernet0 using a crossover cable to my PC, the manual says Ethernet0
    > should be 10.10.10.1 but I cant ping it...any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jerrit

    You can connect to your PC using a RJ45-to-DB9 connector. The pinout
    of the cable is 1-8 on one side and 8-1 on the other side. To know the
    pinout of the RJ45-to-DB9 connector, check out the following link:
    http://www.alliancedatacom.com/manufacturers/cisco-systems/connector_cables/cable_pinouts.asp#38489

    toni

    toni, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Jerrit Tyler

    f3red Guest

    You really need the console cable. What I did was get one on eBay for
    $10. I'll send it to you for $50 ;-). But seriously, it is $10
    well-spent, and it will be all yours!

    f3

    f3red, Feb 7, 2004